Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Taco Pizza

I know it's been a while, life has been busy and I barely take the time to update my family blog. However, I came across a new recipe via Pinterest and it is a keeper. It's simple, it's inexpensive and it got rave reviews at my house so I knew I should share it with the world--or at least my loyal blog followers! ;)

First this recipe was called Taco Bake, but I called it Taco Pizza to increase the it's popularity at my house. My kids are 9, 7, 4 and 2, so new recipes aren't always well-received, but pizza, pizza is always well-received!

Here is the link to the original recipe and the link to the pin.

 

Ingredients:
3 8 inch tortillas (I used flour, but you could use corn if gluten is an issue)
1 pound of ground beef
taco seasoning
a little water
1/2 cup of queso or salsa con queso
1 1/2 -2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a round pan. I followed the original poster's advice and used a springform pan which worked really well, but any 8 inch round pan would work.
2. Brown the beef and add the taco seasoning and water according to the taco seasoning directions. (I used Costco's taco seasoning and it was a little spicy for my crew, so I will use a little less next time)
3. Turn off the heat on the meat and mix in the queso. I used Gordo's Cheese Dip and it was really good.

4. Place a tortilla in the pan, then layer the meat mixture on top and then sprinkle a layer of the shredded cheese.
5. Repeat step 4 two more times, giving you 3 layers.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes and then let cool for 10 minutes.
7. Slice and serve with sour cream and salsa.

The Country Cook had great pictures on her blog of the step by step process. Click over here to see.


No comments: